TERRI LEVINSOHN, RDN, LD
Terri Levinsohn, RDN, LD, is a dedicated Registered Dietitian specializing in eating disorders.
Terri provides education and nutrition counseling to clients, and customizes meal plans to suit each individual’s unique requirements. Terri’s practice is based on the principals of “intuitive eating” whereby the ultimate goal is to normalize eating behaviors so one can develop a healthy relationship with food. Terri’s overall job satisfaction comes from her unique ability to connect and communicate with her patients on a professional yet personal level — to help them overcome the challenges and struggles associated with eating disorders.
Terri earned her Bachelors of Science degree from The University of Georgia. After completing her dietetic internship at Georgia State University, Terri moved to Toronto, Canada where she was instrumental in developing the nutrition component of The Eating Disorder Program at North York General Hospital in Ontario. After a decade of practicing in Canada, Terri moved back to the United States to continue her work in the eating disorder field. Terri joined The Atlanta Center for Eating Disorders in 2017, and provides treatment in the intensive outpatient, partial hospital and binge eating disorder programs in Alpharetta.
Terri provides nutritional counselling to teens and adults. Terri specializes in treating the following:
- Eating Disorders, including: Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bulimia Nervosa (BN), Anorexia Nervosa (AN) and all other types of Disordered Eating Patterns.
- Body Image Issues, Weight Preoccupation
- Addiction- Eating disturbance due to drug and alcohol use
- Sports Nutrition for Athletes
- Mood Disorders- Eating disturbance due to anxiety and depression
Licenses and membership:
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals- Atlanta Chapter (iaedp)