JILLIAN H. GILLIAM, Usui Reiki Master Teacher & Practitioner, Desire Map Facilitator
WHAT IS REIKI AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Reiki is a simple and non-threatening way to open and begin to restore our natural abilities to bring the body back into balance.
Reiki is a Japanese word and simply means “Universal life Energy”
KI= Life Energy
WHAT CAN REIKI DO FOR ME?
Reiki has been known to bring:
- An increased state of relaxation
- A decrease in pain
- Decreased heartrate
- Decreased anxiety
- Increased ability to sleep better and more restoratively
- Improved digestion
- Reduction of side-effects from medications
- Improved Mood and Self-Acceptance
- An ability to handle stress better
- Increased connection to yourself and your own spirituality
- Many clients notice their body becomes more open and accepting to all treatments they are receiving.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING A REIKI SESSION?
During sessions the client and I partner together to create balance in the body. A client can expect to lay on a massage table fully clothed and simply quiet their mind and enjoy a state of true relaxation. Reiki brings balance to the entire system by using a series of hand positions placed on or along the body. Each session is unique to the client’s needs and can last anywhere from 45 mins to an hour.